Jacob J.B. Marvelley
Jacob Marvelley’s approach to practicing law begins with understanding each client’s situation, to tailor his services to the clients’ needs. Communicating clearly and effectively saves time and improves results. Jake takes pride in helping his clients through their most difficult challenges by understanding the law, explaining the situation, and charting a path forward. Jake focuses on civil litigation, business & corporate, estate planning, and probate administration.
Jake’s prior legal experience includes conducting legal research for a Massachusetts State Senator and handling housing law matters as a student attorney at the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau. Jake is admitted to practice in the New Hampshire and Massachusetts state courts, the United States District Court for the Districts of New Hampshire and Massachusetts, and the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jake is active in the community. He is a member of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Leadership Academy Steering Committee, and is a Trustee of the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen. Jake also coaches the UNH Undergraduate Mock Trial Team. He is also a third dan black belt in Chungdokwon TaeKwonDo.
Education & Bar Admissions
- Suffolk University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- University of New Hampshire, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude
- New Hampshire State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
Memberships And Affiliations
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Charles C. Doe Inns of Court, Member
- University of New Hampshire Mock Trial Team, Coach and Adjunct Professor
- New Hampshire Bar Association Leadership Academy Steering Committee, Member
- League of New Hampshire Craftsmen Board of Trustees, Member
- Blue Wave Taekwondo Association, 3rd Degree Black Belt