Dan Thornhill is a director with the firm and works in its Kittery, Maine office. Dan concentrates his practice on commercial and real estate matters, including the acquisition, financing, construction, sale, and development of real estate projects. Dan also has an extensive practice in forming and representing corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other entities. In addition, he has experience and practice in estate planning and probate matters.
Dan received his B.A., cum laude, from Ohio State University in 1971 and his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1974. Dan is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts located in Maine and New Hampshire.
Dan has long been involved with his community. He was a charter member of the Kittery Rotary Club, an active member of the Kittery-Eliot Chamber of Commerce, and served for many years on the Board of Trustees of the Rice Public Library and the York Land Trust. Dan was Chairman of the York County Bar Association Speech Scholarship Contest for many years, receiving an appreciation award and the President’s outstanding member award.
Dan lives in York Harbor with his wife, Catherine, a local artist, and enjoys spending time with his two grown children, Lindsay and Michael.
Education & Bar Admissions
- Harvard Law School, Juris Doctor
- Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts
- New Hampshire State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Maine State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Maine
Memberships And Affiliations
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Kittery Rotary Club, Charter Member
- Kittery-Eliot Chamber of Commerce
- Rice Public Library, Past Trustee
- York Land Trust, Past Trustee
- York County Bar Association, Past Scholarship Contest Chairman